Buying a new car is an exciting adventure, but it can also involve a lot of running, dealing with different car dealers, and a lot of research. New cars are expensive.
In 2015 the median price for a new vehicle was reportedly $ 33,500 and just as you leave the dealership and hit the road in your new vehicle, your car’s value almost immediately drops by at least 11%. The value of a new car also drops nearly 20% each year, reducing the value by nearly 30% in the first year alone.
That begs the question, why wouldn’t everyone buy a used car? The reasons range from wanting you to be the first and only owner, knowing what you are buying, and not wanting to do the proper research.
While a new car should never be considered a bad investment, there are other options that can save you thousands of dollars, and the difference in vehicles is usually not far behind.
For example, if you search, go to the dealerships and find the type of car you want, you should not stop there. Keep shopping and look for used vehicles of the same model, based on use and mileage, you can save more than $ 10,000 in some cases.
Many people think that used cars are broken or beaten up. And while that may be true, chances are when someone is selling your old one because it is still in good condition and is probably looking for a change too. Doing the right research and working with the right people is important in finding the best deal available.
Here are five of the best used cars you can find for under $ 15,000.
1. Cadillac CTS 2011-2014 – The Cadillac CTS was a turning point for the automaker, making it more competitive by offering a more affordable price while maintaining the luxury, comfort, and driving precision of its older models. This midsize car is one of the best options when looking for a used car.
2. Mazda 6 2014-2016 – While this may be difficult to find, it is one of the best new models you can buy used. The Mazda 6 has a great, clean interior, plenty of storage space, and a variety of up-to-date technology throughout the vehicle.
3. Honda CR-V 2012-2016 – For a compact SUV, the Honda CR-V is one of the best bumps for your investment when buying used. Practical and reliable, the CR-V is one of the newest and best models you can find.
4. Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012-2015 – The Camry Hybrid is a great option when buying used and looking for a cleaner ride. Offering a comfortable and efficient ride, the Camry Hybrid also returns approximately 40 miles per gallon, saving you even more money.
5. Toyota Tundra 2007-2013 – In terms of trucks, it’s hard to find a better deal than the Toyota Tundra. Durable and reliable, the Tundra is ideal for working, towing, and essentially anything you could want from a truck.
Buying a used car is the smartest decision. Not only will you save money, with the right amount of time searching and the right research, you can save a ton and use that money elsewhere.
Try taking the actual car you’re looking at to a personal mechanic as well, allowing them to check the vehicle to make sure there aren’t any issues. That is very important to make sure the car is in good condition both inside and out.
There are many great places to buy used cars, allowing you to test drive and check your vehicles before making any purchases. If you take the time to do the proper research and make the right purchases, you will save on your new vehicle. For the new car buyer, it makes sense to buy a used car, saving you money almost immediately and in the long run.
Regardless of whether you choose to buy a new or used car, you’ll want to keep your new purchase protected. Finding cheap car insurance near me is the best option to stay safe and covered no matter what event you may encounter on the roads. The right insurance company will be with you every step of the way, whether it’s on a new or used car.