Here are some healthy diet tips to help you lose weight, stay fit, and live longer:
- Drink adequate water. One cup of water for every waking hour during the day would be optimal for healthy weight loss.
- Never eat until you are very full. Rather, you should stop eating when you are satisfied. This way, you can ensure that your body can fully digest the food you’ve eaten and don’t end up with any excess that gets stored as fat. And equally important; Make not going to the other extreme starving either. Starvation will backfire and will only sabotage your diet plan, not to mention that starvation causes your metabolism to slow down, effectively counteracting the effectiveness of eating less to begin with.
- Stop eating at least 3 hours before going to bed at night. Ideally, you should go to bed just before your body has finished digesting all the food in your stomach, but just before you start to feel hungry again. This way, you can spend the next few hours resting without your body having to process food while you sleep, which, since you’re not actually expending energy overnight, will end up being stored as fat.
- Get enough sleep at night. Studies show that there is a correlation between obesity and lack of sleep. This is not only because your body feels more stress during the day, forcing you to eat more, but your body needs time to sleep to properly and completely metabolize and eliminate calories.
- Include at least 5 servings of fruits and/or vegetables in your diet every day. Alternatively, you should aim to consume at least 25 grams of fiber if you’re a woman and 38 grams of fiber if you’re a man, each day. It just so happens that fruits and vegetables are good sources of fiber, but other foods like nuts and whole grain foods also contain fiber. Fiber is essential to cleanse your digestive system and aid in the digestive process. Not only that, but fiber makes you feel full faster and therefore has a positive impact in preventing you from overeating.
By simply adopting these five simple tips for a healthy diet, you will experience safer, more satisfying and sustainable weight loss that will last a lifetime.